Fermentanicals Sprouted Chia contains chia seeds, a gluten-free, paleo-friendly seed that can be used to increase dietary fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorus, and magnesium. In fact, this nutrient-dense seed packs such an antioxidant punch that it was once used by Aztec warriors for energy and endurance.
The fibre in chia seeds may help support digestion, help keep you full for longer and can assist in blood sugar control. It is a plant-based, vegan option that contains alpha-Linoleic acid, a form of omega-3 fatty acids essential for overall health.
Why Choose Sprouted Foods?
- Germinate (activate) the seed, stimulating the production of proteolytic enzymes that make both carbohydrates and proteins digestible
- Increase the alkalinity of the seed
- Shed anti-nutrients that inhibit digestion such as phytic acid, which can inhibit the absorption of some minerals including iron and zinc
- Pre-digest and break down complex sugar molecules, making them easier to digest
- Sprouted foods contain higher levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and protein
- Sprouted foods additionally contain less calories and carbohydrates than their non-sprouted equivalents
- Differs from Activation in the germination process yields more nutrients as opposed to activation which has the same nutrients as the raw seed.